March 15, 2021
Here are some significant developments:
- Infectious-disease expert Anthony S. Fauci called for former president Donald Trump to encourage his supporters to get vaccinated after polls show high rates of vaccine hesitancy among his backers.
- World-renowned cellist Yo-Yo Ma serenaded a vaccination clinic in Massachusetts with a performance of Bach after he received his second dose.
- Duke University has put its entire student body under quarantine amid a surge in coronavirus cases linked to fraternity parties.
- In a study of its platform, Facebook discovered that most of the comments promoting vaccine hesitancy are coming from a limited number of users that have a major role in pushing this skepticism.
- More than 532,000 people have died from the coronavirus in the United States, but over the past week deaths fell an average of 28 percent as part of steady decline in new cases and fatalities over the few months.